Sick of dandruff? want to have clean, dandruff-free glowy hair? Choose epsom salt for dandruff and be surprised with the results. Don’t believe us? Read along, we’re sure you will.
What is Epsom Salt?
Epsom Salt is a mineral compound that contains the elements of magnesium and sulphur. It is one of the most unique traditional and naturally occurring compounds. But with its excellent features or qualities, the Epsom Salt has gained importance in most hair care treatments. Some use this Salt:
- To increase their hair volume,
- To enhance the beauty of hair by removing the excess oil from the scalp
- Lastly, as the best hair care treatment for dandruff.
With its regular use on the hair, it helps overcome the problem of dandruff, reduced itching on the scalp, and hair loss to the most extent. When the scalp absorbs the Epsom Salt rich in magnesium, it creates follicles along with the root hair. Which further protects the hair from any damage. It is a home care product and is also safe to use with its easy application.
In dandruff, the most affected one is the scalp of the hair. The cause behind dandruff could be health issues, environmental reasons, and dehydrated hair and dry skin. It results in itching on the scalp and the expensive shredding of the dead skin cells, easily traced to the skin and clothes. Due to the extreme itching, hair follicles are damaged, which further leads to hair loss.
So, it is necessary to take initiatives for a proper regime treatment of dandruff removal and its further re-occurrence. Epsom Salt helps a lot in overcoming these issues with its regular usage. Epsom salt contains magnesium that nourishes the hair and adds volume to the hair, making it more strengthened. Epsom Salt also called magnesium sulphate, is a good dandruff treatment at home compared to the expensive hair products available in the market. After using Epsom Salt regularly as a hair care treatment, it will result in the best addition to all hair types. The elements present in the Salt nourish and strengthen the hair to do its most.
Benefits Of Using Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is a naturally occurring chemical compound of magnesium sulphate known as Magnesium Sulphate. When this Salt is mixed in water, it breaks to form magnesium and sulphate ions which enter the body directly through the skin to show magic. It is different from other typical salts as we know.
- Epsom salt acts as exfoliation to loosen up the flakes of the hair scalp and remove dead skin. This cleans up the scalp and also allows the pore to unclog.
- Sometimes, oily hair also causes dandruff to the hair. The excess sebum produced by sebaceous glands can again clog the pores of the root hair. Epsom salt absorbs the extra oil.
- A humid atmosphere could also be one reason for dandruff that keeps the scalp consistently moist. Epsom salt not only absorbs the extra moisture but also fights the fungal infection.
Although not proven scientifically yet regular users and beauticians believe and recommend Epsom Salt for hair treatment. It helps to gain volume in the hair. Magnesium ions increase the ability of the scalp to absorb nutrients. Moreover, damaged cells are self-repaired, which results in growing new hair.
Different Methods to Use Epsom Salt
- Epsom Salt is used as a Scrubber on the scalp.
Due to its extraordinary qualities, Epsom Salt is best used for the anti-dandruff treatment.
- Take a small amount of Epsom Salt and gently rub it on the scalp directly for 5 minutes.
- Let the hair roots and scalp absorb the Salt as it contains magnesium which helps in easy absorption. Wait for some time.
- Then, gently wash the hair with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this hair treatment two times a week for effective results.
2. Epsom Salt used with a shampoo
People with oily hair will get their best results when Epsom Salt is mixed with their shampoo. This hair treatment process enhances the beauty of hair by removing or extracting the oil from the scalp with washing and removes dandruff to a great extent.
- Take two tablespoons of Epsom salt with your regular shampoo. Mix it well so that it could dissolve completely.
- The mixture is ready to be applied to the hair. Your hair must be wet before using this mixture.
- Gently, apply it on the wet scalp and take a massage for 10 minutes. The Epsom salt easily gets absorbed onto the scalp.
- Then after the application rinse well with lukewarm water.
- This cleans the scalp and removes the dead cells from the scalp, which helps remove dandruff from the hair repeat this process but not more than two times a week.
3. Epsom Salt used with a Conditioner
It is recommended for people with dry hair avoid using Epsom Salt with your regular shampoo for any other further damage. But when this Salt is mixed with the conditioners, the treatment works excellent in removing dandruff and retaining the actual amount of oil balance on the hair. This process does not make the hair look drier and frizz.
- Take two tablespoons of Epsom Salt and a quite amount of conditioner in a bowl.
- Mix it well until the Salt gets absorbed in the conditioner. Keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and heat it for a minute. This helps in the complete dissolving of Epsom Salt. Allow the mixture to cool down before application.
- Before applying this mixture, shampoo your hair and then go for this treatment.
- Dap the tip of your finger with the mixture and apply it to the scalp. If possible, give a massage in a circular motion for 5 minutes and allow it to retain for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water to remove the conditioner.
Choosing Epsom salt for dandruff is a great idea. It contains magnesium that not nourishes the hair but also adds volume to hair. Epsom salt also called magnesium sulphate, is a good home care remedy to quickly get rid of dandruff compared to the expensive hair products available in the market. Epsom salt is generally the crystallized form of a compound. It is readily available at the drug store and also affordable. It is widely used for the best anti-dandruff treatment at home.